How to know if you have been arrested?
We asked the experts and learned what they knew and didn’t know.
– Jeremy Rutherford: You’ve got to have the police report.
It doesn’t matter what the police officer says.
It’s not like a breathalyzer or a breath test.
It has to show you were stopped and arrested.
– Michael Whelan: The officer will write the date on the ticket.
They’ll ask if you are a student.
The police officer will ask you, “What’s the name of the school?”
If you’re a student, you have to say, “I’m a student.”
If you have no student ID, they’ll ask, “Do you have any other ID?”
You have to provide your name and address.
– John Boudreau: They can’t read your license plate number.
They can only read your name.
They have to write, “Your license plate has been suspended for a violation of the law.”
They don’t have to tell you what the law is.
You’ve gotta be able to show the police why you were arrested.
So you’ve got your arrest report, you’ve written down the name and license plate of the car, and then you’ve gotta say to the officer, “This is what happened.
What do I do now?”
And then you have the officer go through the paperwork to determine if the law was violated.
It can take hours to get through all of that paperwork, so if you’re not having any trouble getting it through, it could be that you were simply stopped in an area with limited resources.
– Jeff D’Amico: The police may ask you to step out of your car.
They will tell you to walk around in a certain area and not be in the same room as another vehicle.
They may ask for your license and registration.
They might ask you if you can carry a weapon.
If you don’t know the answer to any of these questions, then you’re probably arrested.
If your car is parked in a specific area with a police officer standing right next to you, it’s probably a good idea to walk away from the vehicle, because you’re likely to be arrested.
You don’t need to say anything to the police.
You are not in the car.
– Mark Brown: The cops will ask, are you wearing a seatbelt?
You’ll have to answer that question.
If the police ask you a question that’s not about you, you are not allowed to answer it.
– Scott Besser: The cop will take a photo of you.
He will then write the officer a ticket and give you a receipt.
They give you $50.
– Matt O’Donnell: If you go in a restaurant, you’re allowed to go out of the restaurant with a full bill and your cash.
If they ask you why you didn’t bring cash, you can’t say, I’m sorry, I didn’t have money.
You have a receipt, you give them your receipt, and they write a citation.
– Ryan Riddle: If there’s a person who is a little bit older than you, the cop will ask if they can speak with them.
The cop can only speak with you if they have a police report that you can sign.
You’re allowed two full hours.
They won’t have you sit in the back seat of the police car for more than that.
– Matthew Koehler: The person who you’re going to arrest is usually the person who’s most intoxicated.
The person with the most alcohol in their system is the person you’re most likely to have an arrest for.
– Josh Miller: They’ll give you something to drink.
They don?t have to give you anything else.
The cops usually have a drink, a bottle of liquor, some kind of food, and that’s it.
You may have to sign a waiver that says you can not drive.
The waiver is a legal document, and you don?re not allowed back in the vehicle for more that one hour.
– Jason Johnson: They usually arrest you for drinking too much.
You should drink less than you should because if you don�t, then it can lead to a DUI.
It?s not a good thing to have to drive after having a DUI, so drink less and drive less.
You need to take some time to calm down and get yourself sober.
The best way to do that is to watch a DUI video online.
If someone else was there, they may be able give you some tips.
– Dan Rizzo: If the cop asks you a few questions, you don.t have a choice.
You just have to follow their orders.
You’ll then get a citation and pay $100.
The arrest was pretty rare, and I think they were trying to get as many people as possible arrested, so it?s definitely a high-profile arrest.